Return to Top
- ULCUS AESTIOMENUM
- Rulandus: A Cancerous Abscess.
- ULPHI, UFFI, INSI
- Rulandus: A Specimen of the Stone. See Morien, fol.
- ULPHA, LAPSATURA
- Rulandus: Ore left unbaked by the Furnace.
- Rulandus: Dragon's Blood.
- Rulandus: The Herb Serpentaria; most serviceable in Colic.
- UMBILICUS VENERIS
- Rulandus: is a Stone or Gem, sometimes of a dull-red,
sometimes white or purple. It is called the Navel of Venus, being flat
on one side, while the other is rounded after the manner of the belly of
a beautiful girl, and has lines like the snail-shell encircling it. The
Germans, having regard to its shape, which is like that of the horse-bean,
and to the place whence it comes, denominate it Sea-bean, for it is found
among shells on the sea-shore. It is said to conciliate the favour of girls;
it improves their figure, increases their beauty, wins love for them, and
is serviceable in their special complaints.
- Rulandus: Shadow, Red Earth.
- Rulandus: Pygmies.
- UMBRATILIA CORPORA
- Rulandus: Phantasmal Apparitions
which appear to men under a changing guise, by means of the hidden stellar
potencies. Such are the lemures, etc. Phantoms of this kind are the production
of magical power.
- Rulandus: Quicksilver.
- Rulandus: An Ounce.
- Rulandus: Aerial or Terrene Spirits.
- Rulandus: The Excrements of Men and Cattle.
- UNGUENTUM CROCEUM
- Rulandus: The Elixir.
- Rulandus: A Disease of the Eye.
- UNITAS TRITHEMII
- Rulandus: The Reduction of the Triad into the Monad
by the Subtraction of the Duad. It is supernatural and spagyrical, the
foundation of the search into abstruse things. From this ultimate division
of philosophy transition is accomplished to the primal division by the
mediation of moral philosophy.
- Rulandus: A Species of Rock.
- Rulandus: Another Species of Rock.
- Rulandus: Resolved Salt, generated in the liver, and expelled
through its proper outlet; the superfluous Saline Excrement naturally expelled.
- URINA PUERORUM
- Rulandus: Mercury.
- URINA TEXI
- Rulandus: Tartar Water.
- URINA VINI
- Rulandus: Vinegar, but the term is also applied to the Urine
of persons who are incessant wine-drinkers.
- Rulandus: Cinnabar.
- Rulandus: Scoria of Gold.
- Rulandus: Cinnabar from Sulphur and Mercury.
- Rulandus: Some say that it is Minium.
- USRUB, URSUB, UZURUP
- Rulandus: Saturn, i.e., Lead.
- Rulandus: Tin
- Rulandus: Leathern Bottles.
- UVA QUERCINA
- Rulandus: A Substance of much importance, yet unknown
to the ancients. It is a certain concretion, in the form of a bunch of
grapes, which forms in spring under the earth at the roots of oak-trees,
originating perchance from a superfluous moisture of the roots. It has
a stiptic taste, is outwardly of purple colour, but is white inwardly,
and, as it were, milky. In the winter it becomes wood; it should be collected
in spring, dried in the shade, and then pulverised. The powder is most
efficacious in dysentery; the most desperate cases have I cured with one
of these Uva.
- UVAE HERMETIS
- Rulandus: Philosophical Water, Distillation, Solution,
Sublimation, Calcination, Fixation.
- UZIFUR or
- Rulandus: Cinnabar.